Advertisement

A Hard Hobbit to Break

topic posted Mon, December 18, 2006 - 7:10 PM by  nicole m
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hey - I hear Sylvester Stallone's next project is the prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It'll be called Rocky Bilboa.
posted by:
nicole m
Philadelphia
Advertisement
  • Re: A Hard Hobbit to Break

Mon, December 18, 2006 - 10:58 PM
    Vin Diesel is teaming up to bring William Faulkner to the big screen. "The Sound and the Furious."
    • Unsu...

Re: A Hard Hobbit to Break

Tue, December 19, 2006 - 2:11 AM
      I blame J.R.R. Tolkein for all this rubbish. After all, it's rather hobbit forming, don't you find ?

I'm also fed up with people still raving on about how wonderful the films were. Most of the time, these idiots are Tolkein out of their arses, and don't have the foggiest inkling as to what they're on about.

Those of you who are aware will spot the deeper pun in that last line !
      • Unsu...

Tue, December 19, 2006 - 7:15 AM
        "I blame J.R.R. Tolkein for all this rubbish."

That's because Tolkein spent too many of his Oxford (Cambridge?) years tokin' on that middle earth weed.
  • Unsu...

Tue, December 19, 2006 - 7:12 AM
    Like real ginko bilboa fruit, that's been smashed on a Washington Square sidewalk, the film will stink like a pack of dog with dysentery.

"Yo, Pauleeee. What's that on youse shoes?"
    • Unsu...

Tue, December 19, 2006 - 10:08 AM
      I heard that Kevin Federline is making a movie about his fame in his post-Britney era. "Gone in 60 seconds".
      • Unsu...

Scary Sequels & Remakes

Tue, December 19, 2006 - 11:25 AM
        After his Brit breakup, K-Fed will also star in a Hobbit tale's remake: Return of the Bling. The ghost of Art Carney will play the part of Saruman, now known as Sewerman; and Jackie Gleason will play the part of Gimlet, the dwarf bartender.

Will Smith is planning a sequel to his current blockbuster. This time, it's a story of horseracing, in which he'll be pared with Toby McGuire and and an unkempt Seabiscuit: "The Pursuit of Nappy Horse." It's another uplifting tail.

Recent topics in "Puns!"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Seeking gay friendship and dating Unsubscribed 0 December 5, 2014
Geology for a new type of pun-ishment. 56 December 4, 2013
Paint 18 October 2, 2013
kitty duties Terri 10 January 11, 2013